Sunday, March 22, 2015

Meet and Greet

"It was as black as night but something made it seem even darker than that. There was an artificial dark that loomed over the room. It seeped over my hands, into my skin, into my throat, into my very being. I had never seen darkness like this and it chilled me. The world was spinning even though I saw no physical signs of it. I couldn’t shake the feeling that this was not just a practical joke. This darkness was not created by something normal. It was created by pure evil."


Meet the characters of my book:

Sebastian (Seb): Seb is the main character. He is an easy-going, happy with life high school student. He has a girlfriend named Apryl, but not too many friends otherwise. 

Clay: Serial killer. Not necessarily the villain. What more must I say?

Hazel/Maria/Aubrey: Clay's victims. There were many before but these are just the ones I have written about so far. More to come.

I have been emailing my mentor, and we have been talking about what perspective I am writing my book in: 1st person or 3rd person. I have been writing it from 1st person so far, but there are benefits to both perspectives. 3rd person allows you to explain the scene outside of what the characters can see. But I have chosen 1st person with a bit of a twist. I am splitting my book into short sections and each section is from the perspective of a different character. Sebastian will tell part of the story, Clay will tell the other part. Here and there, Clay's victims will tell the story of their deaths, like the quote in the beginning of this post. I feel that this gives the reader an inside look on what is occurring. The reader will be in the minds of the two protagonists.


I originally started writing this story by hand about a year ago. I got about 20 pages into this notebook before I got too busy to work on it. Now that I have time during 20-Time, I am excited to be picking up where I left off. Although, I have determined it is so much more efficient to type my story.

Writing has been going smoothly. I really have no idea how long my book will end up being, but I am certain that it won't be finished before our school year ends. But over the summer I plan to finish it up and find some way to get it into people's hands. I want everyone to be able to read my book.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Your math homework makes a really good background for your journal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like entering into a cult

    ReplyDelete