Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Words

"Outside the window, a tree branch blew in the wind. The breeze swayed through the tree and out onto the street, dragging along a smashed up Chinese takeout box with it. I didn’t know what it was about this guy, but I could not look him in the eyes. His eyes were too undisturbed by the words that came from his mouth."

This is a little bit of my story. I think for the sake of wanting people to still think I am sane, I am going to keep the plot of my story on the down low. But I am going to post a few quotes here and there to show you that I am indeed still writing a story. 

So in my last post I talked a lot about what this project consisted of but now I want to talk a little bit about why I actually decided to write for my project (because we all know I do enough writing as an eleventh grader). For me, writing is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is a way to get your thoughts across to people without the fluster of speaking. You can erase or backspace words to fit your own thoughts perfectly. To me, writing is what I would want to spend the rest of my life doing, if I could.


For my English class, we also have to pick out a book to read. It is supposed to be related somewhat to our 20 Time Project, but as I am writing a book, I figured reading any book in general would give me tips on great writing. I am reading a book called Blood of My Blood by Barry Lyga. It is the third book in the I Hunt Killers series and so far it is an amazing book. The first and second books in this series are some of my greatest inspirations. You could probably find quite a few similarities between what I am writing about and what Barry Lyga wrote about. I suggest this book to anyone who has eyes and can read. 


I also want to thank anyone who is taking time to read my blog. It means so much to get comments from people and I would love to hear from everyone who reads this.


Until next time. 




5 comments:

  1. What a great life a writer has, it is full of prose. Good job Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little "taste" you give us of your writing. It created a clear and unique image of this character. I still can't stand not knowing what type of book you're writing. Yes, I know it's fiction, but horror, post-apocalyptic, murder-mystery, melodrama, romantic comedy??? Who would you compare yourself to as a writer? Have you hit any obstacles? How much have your written in the last few weeks? I love that you expressed why you are writing, but I'd love to know more details about your plan. Btw...I love the variety and voice in your writing:) I know your posts will display your creative in a variety of ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will answer your questions in my next post! Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked the little piece of my book I included!

      Delete
  3. Emma, I really enjoyed the quick piece of writing that you included in the beginning of your blog! Even though it was only a couple sentences long, the mood of the writing was extremely clear. Your word choice and imagery created this suspenseful and dark setting in my mind. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited to read more. It looks like you're off to a great start. On a side note, I quite enjoy the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is some solid writing, it was really creepy even in such a short paragraph. You're inspiring

    ReplyDelete