Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Maple Syrup Post

"The beauty of murder is wonderful. It really is a form of art. I am the Picasso of killing. The Van Gogh of manslaughter. The Michelangelo of bloodshed. My artwork is framed in bright yellow tape and photographed by professionals. You can read about my artwork in the paper. The only difference between what I do and what others who are considered real artist is that I remain nameless. My genius is overlooked by many and I can easily hide in the shadows."

In honor of the dreaded junior year coming to an end, I would like to do some reflecting. Sorry but this may be sappier than a maple tree. I want everyone to understand what a huge impact this project has had on my life.

This school year has made me a better me. Yes, junior year and the stress that comes with it. Props to you if you had a completely stress free junior year. But this year has made me a stronger person. I have been a lot happier and I am just taking every moment as it comes. In a year, I will be graduating and as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to miss all the small things about high school.

This project has allowed me to channel a more peaceful version of myself. I have learned the true meaning of patience. I really realized that writing a book is quite the process and I really need to give people who write books for a living more credit. It is a tough job.

A special thanks goes out to everyone who made this project possible. Thanks to Mrs. Hechlik, my wonderful English teacher, for introducing this project and letting us take time for ourselves even though junior year English has a lot of things that we need to get done. Also, I would like to thank my mentor, John Colbert. He was a great help for me. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who read my blog and supported me in everything I wrote about.

Hey I look forward to everyone one day holding my book in their hands. But until then, stay tuned to my blog!


3 comments:

  1. "Sappier than a maple tree" my new favorite pun. I like this post its quite touching and hope it's not the end. I want to read your whole book and feel the chills. So keep going no matter how difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this project has allowed for a little bit of piece in an otherwise extremely crazy and stressful year. I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts, especially the excerpts from the book. It definitely sounds like something that I would put on my reading list. Keep up the good work, I know that when you do finish your book it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I can't wait to have you sign your first book for me when you become an author. I've enjoyed reading every single one of your posts!

    ReplyDelete