Friday, May 8, 2015

The Sahara Desert of Blogs

"It is not hard to convince people to do what you want. You just have to let them believe they are doing it for themselves. You also have to convince them that you are who they want you to be. Every person wears a mask of what they want people to see them as. Some people know how to wear a successful mask and get what they want. Like me. I wear a mask of someone who lies, someone who can get girls in my car. You just can’t think of how they feel when they see your mask. Think of yourself and how you want to be seen. That’s how you convince them. You convince yourself first."

Friends! 

While, it has been quite some time since my last blog and I apologize for that. I know you were all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my next post. But wait no more, because I am here. 

The 20-Time Project Fair was amazing! So many people came up and asked me about what I was doing and why I was doing it. It was extremely satisfying to be able to talk to people, face-to-face, about what I am doing. Although I wanted to cry the entire time because public speaking is not my thing, I found myself enjoying it a little more with every person I spoke to. This was because I was talking about something that I am so passionate about. 

I think that I am going to put up a new poll soon, but the winner is Maribel, so that will be Clay's next victim. Thanks to everyone who did vote. I will try to make another one soon, possibly something to do with another character name. 

I'm sorry for this blog post. It is possibly the driest thing I have ever written. But spring will be spring and it will always be the busiest season of all. I don't want this to change your mind about my book though. I only write when my creative juices are flowing and I refuse to write when my thoughts are in a different world. It is the only way to create a worth-while book. 

Thanks for bearing with me through this desert of a blog, and stay tuned for some better ones!
  

4 comments:

  1. I like how this blurb is really psychological. It's dark and morbid but in a more subtle way that hits closer to home. This character is becoming more tangible, like he's not so over the top like some horror characters. I like where this is going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that Spring is a hard time to get anything done. However, I'm still really enjoying your updates on what you're writing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma. Seriously? This is really good! I can't believe you've gotten so many page views too! I'm reading your book when you're done - and keeping it.

    ReplyDelete